At The Markland Clinic, we love to help people just like you, get back to living the life they deserve. Which means a life free from painkillers, where you don’t have to worry about bothering the doctor, and can do and enjoy all of the things you love, without the fear of pain holding you back. When something like chronic pain strikes in your knee, lower back, neck or shoulders, or if you experience an injury from sport or exercise – we know it’s very tempting to leave it and hope it’ll simply “go away on its own” with time and rest…
That you’ll wake up someday and like “magic”, it’ll be as if it never happened in the first place – but that’s usually not the case, and often the pain ends up worse than it was when it first started.
We also know it’s very easy to reach into the back of the cupboard for the painkillers, and take them whenever pain strikes so it eases off fast – but all those painkillers are no good for your health long-term, and do nothing but mask the pain instead.
Or, maybe you’re left feeling confused, even sceptical because you’ve sought advice from other Healthcare professionals, or a Physio in the past, and nothing they seemed to say or do helped.
Can you relate?
If that sounds like you, you’re not alone. At The Markland Clinic, we hear this all the time… In fact, people who come to see us have often:
- Thought the pain would go away on its own – but it didn’t.
- Paid several visits to the Doctor, only to be told to “rest” and “take some painkillers” – then weeks later go back to see the Doctor again, only to be prescribed MORE rest and an even stronger dose of painkillers.
- Been put on a month long waiting list after being referred to see an NHS Physio, then when after waiting so long to be seen – they were given a sheet of exercises, which did nothing to ease the pain quickly, if at all.
- Tried a few YouTube exercises, but those exercises either didn’t do a thing or aggravated the pain, making it 10 times worse.
- Thought it would be a good idea to rest because the pain was so bad, but all that did was make the area even more stiff and tight.
- Been told by a family member or friend that “everybody gets aches and pains as they get older” – making it easy to accept it’s “just a part of life”
Any of those sound familiar?
If any of them have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call or visit, to talk with one of our physios at our Cirencester Physiotherapy Clinic to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already, like many people we see, is actually a GOOD THING, because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
If you would like to get some solid advice – Call 01285 654059 to book a chat with a Physio. We also offer a complimentary visit to the clinic or for a Physio to call you back. There is no obligation to book an appointment with us after the conversation is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.